How to Get Pay Stubs From Uber: Complete Guide
January 30, 2024
Uber has provided a viable source of income in the US, Canada, Asia, Africa, Central and South America, and European Union countries. As such, it is unsurprising that more questions, such as ‘how to apply as an Uber driver’ and ‘how to get pay stubs from Uber’ have become more apparent.
Knowing how to access your Uber pay stubs is handy when you need to prove your income or create a monthly budget plan that suits your expenses and regular earnings. Keep reading to learn more about Uber’s payroll system, how Uber drivers get paid and receive pay stubs, and whether there is a difference between working at Uber and Uber Eats.
- Uber and Uber Eats do not issue pay stubs since Uber drivers are independent contractors. Pay statements, which summarize an Uber driver’s daily and weekly earnings, are created and stored in the app instead.
- As an independent contractor at Uber, you can get your earnings through weekly deposits, instant pay, flex pay, or the Uber Pro Card.
- You can get your pay statements from Uber by registering and logging into the Uber driver app. Navigate to the option to view your earnings, find the pay stubs you need, and click Download CSV.
- Uber offers 24/7 phone support and accessible assistance to drivers via the app. In-person assistance is limited to Greenlight locations only.
Does Uber Provide Pay Stubs?
Technically, Uber doesn’t provide traditional pay stubs since Uber drivers are considered independent contractors. Similarly, Uber Eats does not issue these, either, since it is operated and owned by Uber.
There are different ways to earn at Uber—you can offer ride-hailing services or deliver food via Uber Eats. Regardless of how you choose to make money, you can use the Uber Driver app to view your pay statements and track your monthly income.
By creating an account and logging into the Uber app, you can view the details of your periodic earnings. Note that the information on your Uber pay stubs, i.e., pay statements, differs from those on a traditional pay stub.
A typical pay stub from Uber summarizes your trip earnings and a breakdown of your income, which includes cancellations, boosts, surges, tips, tolls, and wait time charges.
If you drive, Uber bases your income on the standard trip fare and surges when specific locations have high rider demand. Service fees, booking fees, and cancellations also affect your total earnings.
Meanwhile, Uber Eats calculates your income based on the standard delivery rate, the number of orders you’ve accepted, and the distance traveled to complete each delivery. You also make additional income for every drop-off and delivery during peak hours and restaurants accepting multiple orders.
Other income information you can monitor includes the number of trips and hours you’ve completed and your acceptance rate.
How Does Uber Pay Independent Contractors?
While Uber pays independent contractors via direct deposit, there are other payment methods that you can choose from to suit your preferences, as well, including:
- Weekly deposits. To receive weekly deposits or bank transfers to your account, log in to the Uber app, then click Wallet>Payment Method>Add Bank Account. If you opt for a weekly deposit, you can expect to have your income deposited every Monday.
- Instant Pay. Another way to receive your Uber earnings is through Instant Pay, which uses Cash Out from the Wallet menu. Next, specify whether you want your money to be deposited to your bank account or debit card. Choosing Instant Pay means you receive your income immediately.
- Flex Pay. The third payment method is called Flex Pay, and it deposits your income at any time or day of the week. If you want to choose this payment option, click Earnings, then select Flex Pay>Transfer Now. Although you may receive your payments anytime, they come with a small fee.
- Uber Pro Card. The Uber Pro debit card lets you take automatic cash outs after every rip, free of charge. You don’t need to undergo a credit check to qualify for an Uber Pro Card; you also get up to $150 worth of backup balance.
It is important to note that payment options vary per region or location.
How to Get Pay Stubs From Uber
As discussed earlier, you can get pay stubs (or pay statements) from Uber through the app. Below is a detailed guide for acquiring your Uber pay stubs and periodic statements.
#1. How to Access Your Pay Stubs
If you know how to check pay stubs from Uber, you can do so by accessing them through the Uber driver application. You must register to log into the application. Go to the app's main menu once you’ve registered and logged in.
#2. How to View Periodic Statements
To view your periodic statements, log in to the app, click Statements, and then find the option to access or view all of your Uber and Uber Eats pay statements. The page usually shows your last pay stub or the income statement generated for the week.
#3. How to View Previous Uber Driver Pay Stubs
To view your previous Uber pay stubs, follow the steps for checking your periodic income statements. Then, you should click on the month or week you are looking for, and you should be able to find the pay stub you need.
The Uber app lets you store all your pay statements, allowing you to view even your first pay statements from when you started working.
#4. How to Download Pay Stubs
Now, if you want to download your Uber pay stub, click View Statement to double-check the information on your paycheck. Once you’ve confirmed all the information is correct, click Download.
This way, you download a digital copy of your Uber pay statement, which you can print or email depending on your purpose.
What to Do If There’s an Issue With Your Uber Pay Stubs
If you encounter an issue with your pay stubs from Uber, the first and best thing you must do is report the problem using the Uber app. You can do it if you get paid incorrectly or have the wrong amount deposited into your account.
On the Uber app, look for the Help section. Click on it, and look for the prompt that best describes your situation under Earnings and Payments.
You can also opt for Uber’s 24/7 phone support for faster and immediate assistance—all you have to do is tap the Call Support option.
Additionally, Greenlight locations offer in-person support for Uber drivers. Select the Book an In-Person Appointment option after navigating to the Uber app’s Help page. Scroll through the issues listed, tap the one you need assistance with, and choose Schedule an Appointment.
What Type of Tax Documents Can You Get From Uber?
Besides pay statements, Uber releases the following tax documents:
- Your tax summary. It’s an unofficial IRS document that outlines your annual income and all deductible business-related costs.
- Form 1099-K. This document reports all your on-trip gross earnings. This form is given to delivery riders and drivers who have made over $20,000 in customer payments or completed at least 200 deliveries or rides.
- Form 1099-NEC. It is used to report independent contractor payments. Uber issues the said document to drivers who earned or received at least $600.
- Form 1099-MISC. The document is for drivers who received $600 or more in miscellaneous payments such as prizes, awards, healthcare payments, and legal settlements, to name a few.
How to Create Your Pay Stubs
Aside from getting pay stubs from Uber through the app, you can also generate your pay statements. You can do so with the help of a pay stub generator.
A pay stub generator is a convenient and practical way to track your income and generate your paychecks whenever needed, particularly when you’re a freelancer or an independent contractor.
You need pay stubs to prove your income and employment when renting an apartment or securing personal loans, car loans, or even a mortgage. Plus, your pay stubs from Uber may also come in handy when budgeting your weekly and monthly expenses.
During tax season, your Uber pay statements are also a viable reference for calculating taxes owed. Since you do not have an employer to do the tax math for you, securing copies of your paychecks enables you to verify whether you owe the IRS taxesor qualify for a tax refund.
Paystub.org allows you to create your own pay stubs by utilizing a user-friendly generator that suits your budget. You can do it in three easy steps:
- Choose a template that suits your preferences.
- Fill in the blank fields with all the necessary information, from —your name, address, and contact details to your rates, hours worked, and total earnings.
- Preview the pay stub to verify that all the information is correct. Once satisfied, generate your Uber pay stub and download a PDF copy.
If you need more pay stubs, you can simply repeat the process. Besides this tool, you can also take advantage of our built-in calculator, which accurately calculates your gross income, taxes, and other deductions.
Now that you’ve uncovered how to get pay stubs from Uber, always double-check all the details in your pay statements. Compare the number of hours and rides or deliveries you’ve taken with the total earnings declared in your pay records.
Also, remember to choose a payment method that best adheres to your needs and keep your login credentials and bank account details confidential to avoid losing your hard-earned money.
How to Get Pay Stubs From Uber FAQ
#1. Can I receive physical copies of pay stubs from Uber?
No, you cannot receive physical copies of pay stubs from Uber. Instead, you can view and download your pay statements through the app.
#2. Can you get proof of income from Uber?
Your pay statements can serve as your proof of income from Uber. You can also use a pay stub generator to record your weekly earnings and create proof of income whenever you see fit.
#4. How do I download my monthly Uber statement?
To download your monthly Uber statement, log into the Uber app. Tap Account, then choose Statements. Find the month with the pay statement you want to view, open the document, and then click Download.